Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat? The Essential Guide to Loving Your Body Before and After Baby
“[T]he authors do a great service in bringing to light a fear that women may believe they suffer with alone…The concepts and solidarity offered here should prove valuable for millions of American women.”
If you’re like most expectant women, you’re worried about what pregnancy and motherhood will do to your body, your sexuality, and your self-esteem (even if you don’t want to admit it out loud for fear of the Bad Mommy Police). While the journey to motherhood is truly miraculous and brings forth life, it can also bring forth a myriad of legitimate concerns.
Enter beauty activists Claire Mysko and Magali Amadei, who offer a much-needed forewarning on what to expect from your changing body, as well as a reality check for each stage of your pregnancy, exposing the myths, challenges, and insecurities you’ll face throughout pregnancy and beyond—and what to do about them. From candid interviews with more than 400 women and men, as well as their own experiences, Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat? will help you discover:
- How you can learn to trust your changing body, appreciate it, and yes…even work it!
- Why you should be wary of the Hollywood “bump watch” and post-baby weight loss stories– and how to take the focus off the scale
- How to deal with your raging hormones
- The truth and lies about sagging skin, acne, and stretch marks
- How to recognize when your body issues get extreme—and how to get help
With startling confessions of women’s unspoken fears and advice on how to remedy them, this essential compendium of girl-friendly advice will help champion any woman to feel her best about her body, herself, and her role as a mom.